Our focus is on properly destroying decommissioned hard drives. We provide regulatory compliant Hard Drive Destruction & ITAD Services.
To assist businesses to comply with the government and industry standards which require the complete erasure of sensitive data prior to hard drive and ITAD disposal for:
- PI – proprietary information
- PII – personal identifying information
- PHI – protected health information
- e-PHI – electronic protected health information
For regulatory compliance we recommend the execution of contracts for:
- Confidential Data Destruction
- HIPAA Business Associate The HIPAA Rules generally require that covered entities and business associates enter into contracts with their business associates to ensure that the business associates will appropriately safeguard protected health information (PHI).
Hard Drive Data Destruction
Our i-Sigma CSDS (Certified Secure Destruction Specialist) uses a HIPAA compliant, 1 Tesla magnetic eraser to degauss data on the disc platters that prevent data recovery.
Next a NSA approved hard drive / solid state drive destroyer delivers 10+ tons of force that bends, breaks, and mangles the hard drives, including data platters and other internal components, preventing data recovery. This equipment is listed on the NSA/CSS Evaluated Products List (EPL) for hard drive bending devices, and was laboratory tested to ensure disk destruction to the level required for the U.S. government classified Top-Secret data.
A Certificate of Destruction is produced which contains the equipment used, date, time, and serial numbers, of the destroyed hard drives for audit purposes.
Our ITAD (Information Technology Asset Disposition) process recycles unused IT assets including but not limited to:
- Barcode Scanners
- Battery Backups
- Docking Stations
- Hard Drives
- Phone Systems
- Point of Sale (POS)
- Smart Phones
All end-of-life e-waste and destroyed hard drives are recycled with vendors that are certified Responsible Recycling (R2).